Well, I have been back at work (I’m a teacher, remember) for almost two weeks now. Therefore, my summer is officially over. Here is how I did on my goals. Those in bold have been completed. The rest have not been completed, and I have included apologetic explanations in italics.
- Jog 3 times a week. I’m going to include this simply because, although I wasn’t consistent with the jogging, I did go on regular walks and did squats.
- Speak Iñupiaq on a regular basis. I was not very successful with this goal. But I did teach a section of Iñupiaq for a class this summer. That counts for something, right?
- Revise 3 of my poems. I am amazed that I got this one done.
- Revise 2 of my nonfiction essays. I started drafting a new essay though…
- Post at least 2 more times. I posted one more time. Half success?
- Finish 2 sewing projects. I did absolutely no sewing. I did clean my craftroom though.
- Read 1 book. I was a champ at this one! Including audiobooks, I read
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit
- Americanah by Ngozi Adichie
- Faith Unraveled by Rachel Held Evans
- Shameless: a Sexual Reformation by Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Boy Erased by Garrard Conley
- Reorganize and revamp this blog. ish?
Next summer, I hope to do better. In the meantime, the school year has begun, which means the first set of essays to grade (ick) is right around the corner. I am spending more time on my writing and hope to post more frequently.